From 2012 to 2019, CUSPE collected policy papers under the name of CUSPE Communications. These 1000-2000 words pieces featured editorial pieces, policy briefs, research reviews, and other types of short communications on various topics where science interacts with policy and vice versa.
In October 2019, the Publications team at CUSPE formalised CUSPE Communications and began accepting submissions for a new student-run peer-reviewed journal: the Cambridge Journal of Science & Policy (CJSP). You can find our current and previous issues here.
CALL FOR PAPERS
CJSP is calling for papers to be submitted for the first issue of Volume 2.
We accept articles that promote the science-policy interface. We are an open access, triple-blind, peer-reviewed journal.
We actively encourage submissions from early and late-career researchers across institutions and industries. We pride ourselves in working closely with authors to maximise the potential of their article.
CJSP mainly publishes 2 types of articles:
- Communications (short, 1000-2000 words), that can be about science policy or science for policy, and other relevant topics. They should be similar in style to a policy brief or POSTnote.
- Perspectives (short, maximum 1000 words) includes opinions on policy issues, interviews, policy debates, book reviews etc. While still being evidence-based, perspectives are less data-driven than communications.
CJSP occasionally publishes:
- Reviews (essay length, at least 4000 words), discussing new developments in a scientific field and their potential impacts on policy, policy proposals regarding current science and technology issues, and similar.
- Reports (short, 1000-2000 words) on science policy conferences, lectures, workshops or activities. These focus mainly on those organised by CUSPE.
- Invited contributions any of the above article types may be invited by the editorial board and are subject to peer-review.
All contributions will be deposited on Apollo, the Cambridge University research output repository, upon acceptance.
If you wish to submit your contribution please read the Authors guidelines and submit your article at firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th January 2021.
Do you want to be be a CJSP peer-reviewer?