CUSPE, the Cambridge University Science and Policy Exchange, is an organisation run by and for early career researchers. Our main goal is to build stronger links between our members and government policy makers.
Founded in 2012, the society strives to support young scientists who wish to influence policy from within the research environment, or to pursue directly a career with the governments of the UK or European Union. CUSPE attracts academics from a wide array of disciplines, all of whom have a desire to understand how their own research, or science more generally, fits within a broader policy context.
Throughout the academic year, CUSPE runs a wide variety of workshops, lectures, and our flagship event: the Science and Policy Forum.
Find out more about the Policy Challenges programme, how to write for and get published by CUSPE, and other career opportunities.
Latest news and publications:
- “Peak Digital: AI, Decomputerisation, and Life After Big Tech”
- CJSP Volume 2 Issue 2
- CJSP Volume 2 Issue 1
- Workshop: The future of food security in the UK: balancing short and long-term policy
- Lecture: COVID-19 impact on Cities: lessons from post-lockdown Beijing
- Lecture: The Policy of Antimicrobial Resistance: Behind the Scenes at the Independent Review on AMR
- Lecture: Comparing outbreaks: The policy response to COVID19 and Ebola
- Workshop: Science for Policy – Policy for Science