The CUSPE website is currently undergoing maintenance, and may behave unexpectedly. We apologise for any inconvenience.
CUSPE, the Cambridge University Science and Policy Exchange, is an organisation run by and for early career researchers. Founded in 2012, we aim to build stronger links between our members and government policy makers.
The society strives to support young scientists who wish either to influence policy from within the research environment, or to pursue directly a career with the governments of the UK or European Union. CUSPE attracts academics from a wide array of disciplines, all of whom have a desire to understand how their own research, or science more generally, fits within a broader policy context.
Latest news and publications:
- CUSPE 2018 Kick-Off Event
- LECTURE: Policymaking during health crises
- WORKSHOP: The role of scientific advice in crisis response
- Ensuring Societal Advancement through Science and Technology: Pathways to Scientific Integration
- Prospective and Retrospective Rigour: Scientific Evaluation of Environmental Policy
- Consider Fracking Your Backyard
- Blockchain policy inertia: Where’s the disruption?
- A Cutting-edge IP Litigation: the European Front of CRISPR Patent War